Allie, I am shamelessly stealing your idea for a list of favorites, partly because I have nothing else to do before my next class but mostly just because it's an awesome idea. So in no particular order, here are some of my favorite things about New Zealand:
Southern Alps! Every time I see them, I remember why I'm here.
Sunshine. There's a lot more of it. It's also a lot brighter here. Really. Probably something to do with the hole in the ozone, which is a bad thing, but I still like the sunshine.
Commercials. Okay, TV commercials do get old, but some of them really make me laugh. Nutella is marketed as a health food, banking is marketed with sunbathing piggy banks, and Pineapple Lumps (a NZ candy) are marketed as a divine gift and resource.
Metrobus 21. Straight from my door to uni to Central City.
Milo. Like hot chocolate, but better. On a side note, the marshmellows are way better here, too.
Daffodils. So many of them!
Bike lanes. Particularly because the curb and the roadside parking spaces are synonymous.
Avonhead Park. It's just around the corner from my flat. I usually start my run there, and then proceed to get lost when I leave the park. The length of my run is determined by how lost I actually got.
Hot chips. And by that I mean French fries, sort of, but a little thicker and way better.
Water. A strange thing to like, I know, but someone told me that Christchurch has something like the best tap water in the world. I believe it.
That's far from everything, but I'm pretty sure it's not possible to give a list of everything I like about living in New Zealand.
No comments:
Post a Comment