skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Botanic Gardens
This post is really just an excuse to put more pretty pictures up, because it's spring here and it's beautiful. My friend PJ and I went to the Botanic Gardens last weekend on a spur-of-the-moment trip, so that's where all these pictures are from.
There were tons and tons of daffodils at the gardens. In the picture that looks like some trees and lots of grass, it's actually just a field of daffodils that goes as far as you can see. It was pretty amazing.
There were also lots and lots of sakura trees in blossom. There's one right outside my bedroom window (that's the picture in the last post, actually) and there were heaps of them in the gardens, too. The blossoms are just starting to fall now, which means spring is well on its way. If you're in a dreamy sort of mood, the falling sakura are really pretty. They come down a petal at a time, and sometimes the wind catches them and it looks a bit like a miniature snowstorm (except that the wind is
usually warm and smells like green things, which isn't very snowstorm-like). Very poetic and all that. However, when you're in a less than dreamy mood, you realize that all those falling petals have to go somewhere. Actually, they don't just go somewhere- they go everywhere. In particular, they seem to like to stick to my bike tires, which I find a bit odd (although it is pretty funny to see a rugged mountain bike decorated in little delicate white and pink flowers...) Regardless of what sort of mood you're in, though, the sakura trees are always very pretty.
I have no idea what the flowers are in this picture, but I thought I should point them out because they were so pretty. It was this massive flowerbed with all different coloured flowers arranged in a repeating pattern, which I thought was pretty cool.
3 comments:
Pretty! Yay for spring!
These pictures are gorgeous! It's hard to think that you're in spring, when I'm fully realizing it's fall here. In the mountains, the aspen trees are turning at bright yellow..they are gorgeous...and so different from the autumn in VT (which is better of course!).
I am sooo jealous that you can upload your photos. Like seriously. Frusteration!
Post a Comment