I feel a bit like I'm in the eye of a hurricane right now. Everything is very relaxed for just a little longer. I'm back from my AMAZING trip around the north island (seriously, littlekiwioe.blogspot.com the pictures from the trip are hilarious and it might take me a while to post them here). I won't leave until tomorrow for my next trip, a bus tour around the south island with my friend PJ from Thailand. My final exam is still a week away. It's too soon for any news on the presidential elections. J term registration is not until the lovely hour of 1AM tonight (tomorrow morning? seriously, I will never again complain about 7AM fights with online registration) and spring term registration is still quite a ways away. I think I'm going to enjoy this brief calm very much :)
At the same time, though, I think I'll be obsessively following the US elections online all day. It'll be interesting to see how everything turns out, and to hear people's reactions here. The NZ elections for Parliament and Prime Minister are on Nov 8, just a few days away, but people seem to be at least as interested in the US elections and often had very strong opinions. One guy actually got rather upset with me because I wouldn't tell him who I voted for in the presidential elections. He was the exception to the rule, though; although many people have very strong opinions on the US elections, they are usually very open to discussion and won't throw third grade insults at someone with differing opinions (NB- the differing opinions are usually between New Zealanders, Obama is usually the favorite but I've also met very vocal supporters of McCain). I've been quite impressed, actually, and have even enjoyed talking about politics on occasion, which is rather unusual for me. So anyway, it'll be interesting to hear the NZ opinions on the US elections. It'll also be very interesting to hear how the NZ elections turn out. Remind me to throw up a post on what little I know about NZ politics sometime.
Firearms Training
2 years ago
1 comment:
REMINDER: REMINDER: REMINDER: :-)Oi Putnam you need to say about N.Z. elections. Hehe just a reminder. So dont forget to say Key won haha and old Helen Clark is out hahahahahahahaha
P.S. Am I the only Kiwi reading this Emily?
Post a Comment