Sunday, November 9, 2008

Twizel and Wanaka

Day three of this trip was mostly bus rides. PJ and I had to go south to Haast pass to get to the other side of the Southern Alps , so we went from Aoraki/Mt. Cook to the tiny little town of Twizel, mostly just because it was the easiest way to catch a bus to Wanaka. There wasn't much in Twizel (think Tw-eye-zel, don't make the unfortunate mistake of pronouncing it like the Twizzler candy like I did...). There was mostly just the bus stop, a playground with a sign saying that I was too old to play on it, lots of sunshine, and a very excellent pizza place.

After a few hours of sun and pizza in Twizel, we took a bus to Wanaka. Wanaka is a small town next to the gorgeous Lake Wanaka, devoted almost exclusively to tourism (especially the adrenaline rush sorts like bungee jumping and skydiving... I have to admit that I have no intention of trying either!).

We didn't have much time in Wanaka so we just wandered around, enjoyed the gorgeous scenery, walked along the shore of the lake, and entertained ourselves by taking ridiculous pictures :)

1 comment:

Jess and Emily said...

That is a pretty funny picture of you Putnam, well dont, love it!