This is the lake at sunset. I was pretty sure when I first saw Lake Tekapo that it would be my absolute favorite place in New Zealand (that was before I saw Aoraki/Mt. Cook- how many more favorite places do you think I'll have by the end of this trip? :-D).
This is the Church of the Good Shepard on the edge of Lake Tekapo with the Southern Alps in the background (my camera was acting up and was doing a terrible job showing the amazing blues in the lake and the mountains and the sky, so PJ suggested I use sepia, which I've decided I kinda like- my camera is doing better now though :-D)
Me by the lake. Getting out onto that rock was half the fun :-D
Our first view of Aoraki/Mt. Cook!!! This was actually taken by Lake Tekapo. You can just barely see the tip of the mountain in the distance. Aoraki is the original Maori name and Mt. Cook is obviously the newer European name, after Captain James Cook. It is New Zealand's tallest mountain, and it is spectacular!!!
One of many gorgeous views of Mt. Cook across Lake Pukaki (I think that's how it's spelled?)
That's supposed to be my hands in the shape of a heart around Mt. Cook. Let's just say it was a very interesting group effort for PJ and I to take this picture... :-D
Sometime when I'm not paying by the hour for internet I will post a few more of my many, many pictures of Mt. Cook and the other mountains. I think I've mentioned before that I have a minor obsession with taking pictures of the gorgeous mountains here :)
1 comment:
Wow. If you ever go back to New Zealand, take me with you. It looks amazing!
Post a Comment