




These are pictures of Mt. Cook from pretty much every possible angle :) (please note that I was actually being very restrained when I chose only these few pictures to post.... there are many more, like over 150 more. Not kidding) I don't think I mentioned before that the Maori name Aoraki means something like "Cloud-Piercer." Lastly, for the record, I did not climb Aoraki/Mt. Cook. It takes about 3 days, plus a few extra days to wait for good weather, something like $4000 to hire a guide, and waaay more knowledge and experience than I have (if it gives you any idea, this is the area where Sir Edmund Hillary did his training for Everest). Maybe someday (when I'm rich, hardcore, and don't have to hurry back to university for exams...) All good, though, and in the meantime, I have more than enough pictures of the mountain :)
2 comments:
Emily, I think there are two kinds of people: mountain people and water people. I think you are a mountain person! :)
Em, those pictures are AMAZING!!! (Apparently I'm a mountain person, too. Just out of curiosity, what do non-coast-livers do?) I thought you should know that one of the closer-ups of the mountain made my desktop. In fact, I wish I had more desktops so I could use them all!
Post a Comment